Job Posting #1057 – Pete Moore Hospice House Staff LPN
Pete Moore Hospice House – Staff LPN
Job Title: Staff LPN
Department: Pete Moore Hospice House
Responsible to: Pete Moore Hospice House Manager
Pay Range: $24.27 – 37.44
Job Summary: The licensed practical nurse functions as a member of the Hospice House team, providing skilled care to Hospice patients residing at the Hospice House. All care is given in accordance with a physician or other advanced practitioner’s orders. The RN evaluates patients, plans and implements effective therapeutic interventions based on physical assessment, sound judgment, and psychological sensitivity and delegates care to the LPN. Utilizes current standards of practice and follows departmental policies and procedures. Complies with applicable accreditation and regulatory requirements governing the practice of nursing. Maintains a high level of professional expertise and assumes responsibility for professional growth and development. This per diem position will cover 8- or 12-hour shifts. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: Current licensure in the State of Oregon as a Licensed Practical Nurse, a valid CPR card, and a Food Handler’s Permit.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Two years recent (within the last five years) acute or long-term care experience, with acute care being preferred. Hospice experience highly desired. Needs to be comfortable with computers and able to document using a computer. Desired skills include: excellent written and verbal communication capabilities, flexibility, team awareness and engagement. Exhibits a high level of understanding of symptoms related to different types of terminal illness, palliative measures and methods to control or reduce symptoms.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete tasks as assigned in the nursing care plan by the Registered Nurse.
- Administer treatments, including respiratory, enteral therapy, and phlebotomy.
- Provide medication management, personal care and hygiene, post-mortem care, wound care, and maintain catheter drainage systems.
- Move, transfer patients.
- Deliver patient and family education.
- Work independently, utilizing good time management.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and seek guidance when necessary.
- Complete electronic clinical documentation within required timelines.
- Communicate clearly – verbal, written, telephone, and electronic.
- Participate in conferences, staff meetings, and in-services.
- Organize, prioritize, delegate.
- Use health care related equipment including patient lift device, gastric and respiratory suction, and oxygen systems.
- Perform CPR, respond to emergencies.
- Follow hospital drug room procedures, assure accurate narcotic counts.
Marginal Job Functions: Answer phones, clerical duties, stock supplies in patient rooms, cooking.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to email@example.com,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3006.