Job Posting #1038 – Home Health Program Assistant
Home Health – Program Assistant
Job Title: Program Assistant
Department: Home Health
Responsible to: Home Health Manager
Hours: 40 Hours/Week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: $16.60 – 24.90
Job Summary: Provide support to home health and hospice departments by receiving and routing incoming telephone calls and performing varied administrative tasks. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent is required. Graduation from business school is preferred.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Must have at least one year of clerical experience, with strong telephone and communication skills. Experience in a medical office is preferred. Must possess proficient computer skills, including MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher) and data entry skills equivalent to 80 wpm.
Essential Job Functions:
- Function as an engaged, collaborative, flexible, team player.
- Operate all standard business office machines.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient, family, and program information.
- Route incoming and outgoing faxes, process mail.
- Inventory and order office and medical supplies, fills supply requisitions for clinical staff.
- Obtain insurance authorizations for both home health and hospice.
- Support intake as needed.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of English, grammar, spelling, and medical terminology.
- Work independently with a self-starter and motivated approach.
- Utilize strong organizational skills with good memory for numbers and names.
- Communicate in an objective, tactful, and diplomatic manner with staff, patients, families, and visitors.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work at a varied pace with accuracy.
- Work in a busy area, adapting to frequent interruptions while maintaining efficiency and demonstrating a professional, calm demeanor and pleasant approach.
- Maintain a working knowledge and proficiency in Home Care data systems.
- Receive incoming Home Health and Hospice physician orders or records, label and scan to document library, and/or send to appropriate team member.
- Update weekly Home Health and Hospice clinician schedules.
Marginal Job Functions: Troubleshoot general office equipment problems. Clean work area. Moving of supplies and equipment. Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3006.