Job Posting #1036 – HH Speech Therapist
Home Health – Speech Therapist
Job Title: Speech Therapist
Department: Home Health
Responsible To: Home Health Manager
Hours: 24 hours/week
Schedule: To Be Determined
Pay Range: $34.73 – 52.09
Job Summary: Function as a member of the Home Care team, providing services in the patient’s place of residence. All care is given in accordance with physician’s orders. Evaluate patients, plan and implement effective therapeutic interventions based on physical assessment, sound judgment, and psychological sensitivity. Understand the hospice philosophy and provide care to the dying patient. Utilize current standards of practice in the field of speech pathology that relate to the development and disorders of speech, voice, swallowing and related language-cognition and hearing disorders. Maintain a high level of professional expertise and assume responsibility for professional growth and development. Participate in orientation of new employees. Provide relevant and current information to team members and community in formal and informal setting. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: Current licensure in the State of Oregon as a Speech-Language Pathologist and Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Minimum two years of experience preferred in acute care or home health setting. Must be able to work independently as a sole SLP. Must have valid driver’s license, a car for transportation, and auto insurance. Must have cell phone. Desired skills include: Ability to develop treatment strategies based upon sound evaluative skills to provide the greatest therapeutic benefit for each patient. Implement program, monitor patient progress carefully, and adjust treatment as needed to assist patients to achieve their greatest potential. High degree of written and verbal ability to instruct patients and prepare reports. Flexibility to handle a variety of duties which may be interrupted and changed by immediate circumstances. Ability to work with others as an integral part of the rehabilitation team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Evaluate patients, plan, intervene, and reevaluate as needed.
- Take vitals and administer treatments.
- Provide patient and family education.
- Work independently, using good time management.
- Follow departmental policies and procedures.
- Comply with applicable accreditation and regulatory requirements governing the practice of speech therapy.
- Communicate clearly – verbal, written, telephone, and electronic.
- Meet safety needs of patients.
- Use computer to complete documentation.
- Participate in conferences, staff meetings and in-services.
- Supervise aides.
- Develop a good working relationship with referral sources.
- Negotiate terrain and physical obstacles to reach patients.
- Drive an automobile safely.
- Refer patients to other departments or specialists (ENT, MBS) when appropriate.
Marginal Job Functions: Clerical and aide duties. Move furniture, equipment and supplies. Light mechanics, instrument maintenance. Light cleaning.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to email@example.com,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3006.