Job Posting #1032 – Hospice Staff RN
Hospice – Staff RN
Job Title: Staff RN
Responsible to: Hospice Manager
Pay Range: $37.15 – 57.28
Job Summary: The registered nurse functions as a member of the hospice team, providing skilled care to hospice patients in their place of residence, and at times will function as the case manager. All care is given in accordance with physician’s orders. The nurse evaluates patients, plans and implements effective therapeutic interventions based on physical assessment, sound judgment, and psychological sensitivity. Understands the hospice philosophy and provides treatment to dying patients. Utilizes current standards of practice and follows departmental policies and procedures. Complies with applicable accreditation and regulatory requirements governing the practice of nursing. Maintains a high level of professional expertise and assumes responsibility for professional growth and development. When appropriate, the RN provides supervision to the hospice aide assigned to the patient. Participates in the orientation of new employees. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: Current licensure in the State of Oregon as a Registered Nurse.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Three years recent (within the last five years) med/surg experience, or one year (within the last three years) critical care experience. Two years Hospice or Home Health experience preferred. Needs to be comfortable with electronic documentation and able to document using a laptop computer. Must have a current driver’s license, a licensed vehicle for transportation, a means of communication, and the ability to share on-call responsibilities. Desired skills include: High degree of written and verbal communication, flexible, team player, with good case management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct patient evaluation, develop the plan of care, interventions, and re-evaluation.
- Responsible for case management.
- Administer treatments, IV therapy.
- Provide patient and family education.
- Work independently with effective time management.
- Demonstrate sound judgment.
- Document patient care utilizing software system.
- Communicate clearly – verbal, written, telephone, and electronic.
- Participate in conferences, staff meetings, and in-services.
- Organize, prioritize, delegate.
- Move, transfer patients.
- Use health care related equipment.
- Develop a good working relationship with referral sources.
- Perform CPR, respond to emergencies.
- Negotiate terrain and physical obstacles to reach patients.
- Drive an automobile safely.
Marginal Job Functions: Manage central lines – including IV therapy. Obtain lab specimens.
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to email@example.com,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3006.