Job Posting #1031 – Hospice Aide
Hospice – Hospice Aide
Job Title: Hospice Aide
Responsible to: Hospice Manager
Hours: 32 hours/week
Pay Range: $16.63 – 24.95
Job Summary: The Hospice Aide functions as a member of the home care team providing services to patients in their place of residence. Provides personal care and related services for patients according to the physician’s plan of treatment and under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse or Therapist. Understands the hospice philosophy and provides care to dying patients. Related duties include incidental household services essential to the patient’s health, as well as reporting signs, symptoms, and changes in the patient’s condition. The Hospice Aide is provided with a written assignment sheet which details the care to be given. Participates in the orientation of new employees. Must be willing to be cross-trained for work at the Pete Moore Hospice House. This position requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at time of offer.
Education & License Requirements: High school graduate or equivalent and current Oregon certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Successful completion of approved basic education program for CNA. Ability to pass competency test for Home Health Aide. One year acute care or nursing home experience. Must have valid driver’s license, insured vehicle for transportation, and a means of communication. Desired skills include: High degree of written and verbal communication skills. Flexible team player.
Essential Job Functions:
- Transfer/move patients.
- Take vital signs.
- Provide personal care – ADL’s.
- Use equipment, including but not limited to, hospital bed, wheelchair, Hoyer lift, hand held shower, and walker.
- Communicate clearly – verbal, written, telephone.
- Accept assignments, follow instructions, and directions.
- Meet safety needs of patients.
- Perform CPR, respond to emergencies.
- Perform treatments.
- Perform light housekeeping, cleaning, and cooking.
- Strip and make beds.
- Participate in conferences, meetings, and in-services.
- Complete timely documentation.
- Ability to drive an automobile safely.
- Ability to negotiate uneven terrain.
- Work independently, time management.
Other Job Functions: Answer phones. Move furniture, equipment, and supplies. Assist with clerical duties and put together charts
How to Apply
Please download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to email@example.com,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3006.