Job Posting #1019 – Home Health Physical Therapist
Home Health – Physical Therapist
Job Title: Physical Therapist
Department: Home Health
Responsible to: Home Health Manager
Hours: 40 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: $36.80 – 55.20
Job Summary: The Physical Therapist functions as a member of the Home Care team, providing services in the patient’s place of residence. All care is given in accordance with physician’s orders. Evaluates patients, plans and implements effective therapeutic interventions based on physical assessment, sound judgment, and psychological sensitivity. Understands the hospice philosophy and may provide care to dying patients. Utilizes current standards of practice and follows departmental policies and procedures. Complies with applicable accreditation and regulatory requirements governing the practice of physical therapy. Maintains a high level of professional expertise and assumes responsibility for professional growth and development. When appropriate, the licensed Physical Therapist provides supervision to PTA’s and PT students assigned to the department. Participates in the orientation of new employees.
Education & License Requirements: Current licensure in the State or Oregon as a Physical Therapist.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: One year inpatient or outpatient experience. Must have current driver’s license, availability of insured vehicle for transportation, and a means of communication. Desired skills include: High degree of written and verbal communication skills. Flexible, team player.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct patient evaluation, plan, intervention, and re-evaluation.
- Administer treatments.
- Provide patient and family education.
- Work independently with effective time management.
- Demonstrate sound judgment.
- Document treatment utilizing software system.
- Meet safety needs of patient.
- Use therapeutic equipment.
- Communicate clearly – verbal, written, telephone, and electronic.
- Participate in conferences, staff meetings, and in-services.
- Supervise assistants, aides, and students.
- Take vital signs.
- Develop a good working relationship with referral sources.
- Negotiate terrain and physical obstacles to reach patients.
- Move, transfer patients.
- Organize, prioritize, delegate, at a fast pace.
- Perform CPR, respond to emergencies.
- Drive an automobile safely.
Other Job Functions: Answer phones. Clerical duties, including creating charts. Move furniture, equipment, and supplies. Post and access schedule. Light mechanics, instrument maintenance.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and completed application. You may download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to email@example.com,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3006.