Job Posting #1011 – Hospice Volunteer Coordinator
Hospice – Volunteer Coordinator
Job Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Responsible to: Hospice Manager
Hours: 40 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: $23.69 – 35.53
Job Summary: Coordinate the overall development, program planning and supervision of the activities of the Hospice Volunteer Program. Develop the volunteer program through recruitment efforts, volunteer training programs, and supervision of volunteers including tracking volunteer hours and producing statistical data for regulatory reporting. Serve as a liaison between the community volunteers and the hospice team including the Pete Moore Hospice House. Represent the Hospice Program in various educational and training programs, as well as involvement in various committees within the community. Follow local, State, and Federal guidelines. Maintains a high level of professional expertise and assume responsibility for professional growth and development. Participates in the orientation of new employees. Supports Light Up a Life, Transitions, We Honor Veterans, and Bereavement Rose delivery programs. Coordinates annual volunteer appreciation event.
Education & License Requirements: Bachelors of Social Work, Behavioral Science, or Human Services preferred.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Two years of experience in the health care field. Experience with volunteers. Some knowledge of, or experience with, the philosophy of a Hospice program is desirable. Must have a current driver’s license, an insured vehicle for transportation, and flexibility to work outside regular office hours as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate effectively and clearly in verbal, written, telephone, and electronic formats.
- Work with, and solicit cooperation from, all types of individuals.
- Demonstrate leadership skills needed to motivate volunteers.
- Maintain composure during stressful situations and function as a flexible team player.
- Assure accurate documentation activities, computer use skills.
- Work independently utilizing time management skills.
- Demonstrate sound judgment.
- Organize, prioritize, and delegate at a fast pace.
- Recruit and select volunteers to reflect the variety and diversity of the community served.
- Coordinate a comprehensive orientation for home and hospice house volunteers and provide ongoing education of volunteers.
- Room preparation for Pete Moore Hospice House patients.
- Coordination for volunteers of stocking rooms and kitchens and meal preparation.
- Make appropriate volunteer assignments based on patient, family/caregiver needs within the plan of care.
- Participate in the interdisciplinary team meetings, supervising each volunteer assigned to a patient.
- Plan and facilitate retention efforts to continually support and engage existing volunteers.
- Maintain updated personnel folders and current record keeping related to all volunteer activities.
Other Job Functions: Answer phones and clerical duties using standard office equipment. Occasionally negotiate obstacles and unrestrained pets in patient homes.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and completed application. You may download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3006.