Job Posting #1008 – Hospice Provider
Hospice – Provider
Job Title: Provider
Department: Hospice & Pete Moore Hospice House
Responsible to: Hospice Manager
Pay Range: $48.65 – 72.97
Job Summary: The Hospice/Hospice House Provider, along with a multi-disciplinary clinical team, provides initial and ongoing clinical assessment for patients with advanced and/or progressive medical conditions who are referred to hospice or for a palliative care consultation. Assists in the evaluation and treatment of patients in the hospice house, receiving hospice, or palliative care services. Conducts patient interviews, collects and interprets diagnostic data. May perform physical examinations and specialized procedures under the delegation of the Medical Director. Clinical care includes making house calls for chronically ill adults at the patient’s place of residence or the Pete Moore Hospice House. Position will collaboratively work with the Medical Director and will include weekend and call coverage.
Education & License Requirements: Must be a graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing with advanced training as a family or emergency nurse practitioner. This position requires current State of Oregon Nurse Practitioner licensure, prescriptive drug privileges, and a DEA number.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Two years clinic experience with a hospice and palliative care background preferred. Desired skills include: Verbal and written communication, problem solving, and decision making, with expertise to plan and organize. Ability to assess and effectively resolve difficult situations. Must be able to maintain a high standard of professionalism in all activities undertaken in a diversity of clinical environments with both patients and family/care-givers. Must be able to work independently, as well as within a team framework.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform bedside palliative care delivery for patients.
- Apply a variety of clinical skills, including health status assessment, screening for disease, provision of appropriate treatment, education, and healthcare guidance to patients.
- Diagnose, treat, and manage acute and chronic health conditions.
- Order, perform, and interpret laboratory and radiology tests within scope of professional practice.
- Ensure complete and timely patient care documentation.
- Perform comprehensive adult and geriatric exams, adjust medications, establish treatment plans, educate residents and nursing staff, coordinate care, work collaboratively, facilitate family meetings, participate in coordinated care rounds, and assist with discharge planning for optimal patient outcomes.
- Prescribe medications, including controlled substances, to the extent delegated and licensed.
- Perform therapeutic or corrective measures as indicated, including urgent care assessment and treatment.
- Consult with Medical Director, or designees, as needed.
- Inform primary physician, specialists, and care team of services provided, collaborating with others, as needed.
- Provide quality clinical services in a caring, respectful manner, with a solid customer-oriented bedside manner.
- Exhibit a talent for cultivating a positive, supportive, and energetic team atmosphere.
- Stand, sit, walk, or utilize other means of mobility within a clinic setting.
- Assist patients with mobility in preparation for examinations or treatment needs.
- Demonstrate a strong computer proficiency with knowledge of EMR documentation and utilities.
- Function within the Scope of Practice for Nurse Practitioners outlined by the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
- Assist with additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and completed application. You may download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3006.