Job Posting #1004 – Hospice Manager
Hospice – Manager
Job Title: Manager
Responsible to: Director of Clinical Services
Hours: 40 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay Range: To Be Discussed
Job Summary: Provide operational oversight, supervision, and leadership for an interdisciplinary care team that includes nursing staff, home health aides, social workers, chaplains, bereavement coordinator, massage therapists and volunteer coordinator. Responsible for the 24-hour operation of the Hospice Department, including planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and evaluating direct and indirect patient care. Responsible for monitoring the overall services, developing quality and performance indicators, gathering data for analysis as well as ensuring continuous improvement to optimize services and resources. May require delivery of skilled nursing care when staffing requires supplementation. Assume leadership role for hospice and palliative care services. Assure compliance to federal/state regulatory requirements and applicable accreditation standards governing hospice. Maintain a high level of professional expertise and assume responsibility for professional growth and development. Assure ongoing education to contracted facilities that utilize hospice services. Assist with marketing of hospice to the community. Assure hospice contracts are updated yearly. Develop and implement new hospice programs. Maintain ongoing membership in state and national organizations.
Education & License Requirements: Current Oregon licensure as a Registered Nurse is preferred. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Three to five years of management experience required, hospice management experience preferred. Two years of experience working with the medical and psychosocial needs of the terminally ill or the educational equivalent. Must have valid driver’s license and insured vehicle for transportation. Desired skills include: Clinical excellence, leadership abilities, teaching competency, critical thinking, project management abilities, and excellent communication skills. In-depth knowledge of current hospice health care concepts, trends, and theories, reimbursement issues, and expertise in the area of delivery of hospice services is required. Must be supportive of the philosophies of Cascade Health, hospice services, and have the ability to work as a member of a team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure services are provided in compliance with regulations, department policies and procedures and contracts.
- Focus on meeting organization and departmental targets, monitor budget variances, and recommend or develop plans for improvement.
- Organize, prioritize, and delegate to meet routine daily needs, and in crisis.
- Maintain knowledge base of current nursing practices.
- Respond to emergencies and conduct patient assessments.
- Hire, train, coach, counsel, and terminate staff.
- Retain working knowledge of electronic medical records sufficient to document, mentor, and support staff.
- Organize and maintain documentation of orientation process for new employees.
- Work with leadership to develop and update policies and procedures and enhancements to the delivery of services and operations of the department.
- Provide oversight for palliative care program.
- Manage departmental scheduling function.
- Practice quality communication skills: verbal, written, and electronic.
- Coordinate conflict resolution and successful peer interactions.
- Provide patient/family and community education. Exhibit good teaching skills.
- Work independently with strong time management and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Participate in conferences, meetings, and in-services.
- Drive a vehicle safely. Negotiate terrain and physical obstacles to reach patients.
- Utilize computer, patient care, and office equipment frequently.
Marginal Job Functions: Answer phones, clerical duties. Assist in moving office furniture, light repairs.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and completed application. You may download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to email@example.com,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3006.