Job Posting #1005 – Pete Moore Hospice House Cook
Pete Moore Hospice House – Cook
Job Title: Cook
Department: Pete Moore Hospice House
Responsible to: Pete Moore Hospice House Manager
Hours: 30 hours/week
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 1:30pm
Pay Range: $14.54 – 21.82
Job Summary: Support the Pete Moore Hospice House by providing high quality, comforting, and appetizing meals and snacks to patients. Operate and maintain the hospice house kitchen.
Education & License Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent. Current Oregon Food Handlers Permit.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: Must be at least 18 years of age. One year of experience preparing food in a healthcare facility required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare meals and snacks, accommodating special diets or patient preferences as requested, using general knowledge and understanding of nutrition.
- Ensure all food served is appetizing, properly portioned, and served using optimal presentation skills.
- Apply knowledge of quantity food production and serving techniques, food safety, and sanitation requirements and procedures.
- Update the kitchen communication book to include individual patient dietary needs and preferences.
- Follow proper safety, sanitation, and handwashing procedures at all times.
- Establish proper storage system for all leftovers and food items to be served later.
- Clean kitchen throughout each shift, including all work surfaces, appliances, and refrigerator.
- Comply with all state and local health department regulations, safety practices, and infection control procedures.
- Complete food service related records and reports as required.
- Organize kitchen storage area for ease of use.
- Order food, ingredients, and supplies necessary to carry out weekly menu, as approved by Manager.
- Lift and carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push and pull a maximum of 50 pounds; stand, sit, bend, and walk for extended periods.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Orient and train staff and volunteers on use of kitchen and safe food handling procedures.
- Assist with specialty or holiday meals as requested by Manager.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and completed application. You may download our Employment Application below, which can be filled out electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Applications are accepted via the following methods:
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax to 541-228-3165
- Mail to 2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 200, Eugene, OR 97408.
If you have any questions, please contact us as 541-228-3006.