Here Come The Holidays!
Here come the Holidays! And here comes the challenge…how do you get through the Thanksgiving meal without overeating, and then regretting it?
Here are some tips that may help:
- Eat breakfast on Thanksgiving Day, and if the meal is towards evening, have lunch too.
- See if you can arrange to have 9-inch plates for the main meal.
- Look at the whole table and decide in advance what to eat.
- If you want mashed potatoes + sweet potatoes + stuffing + bread + pie….go ahead, but make them small servings.
- Try loading the vegetables first, filling half the plate.
- Remember, the first few bites of any food taste the best. Small amounts of lots of foods can bring more pleasure than heaps of mashed potatoes, believe it or not.
- So… enjoy your food bite by bite and get through the holiday season guilt-free!